Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College
Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College is a private medical college in Uttara Model Town, Uttara Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.
The college was approved by the government of Bangladesh. It is affiliated with Dhaka University, and enjoys the recognition of the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) as well as the World Health Organization (WHO). The College also has the recognition of postgraduate training in various subjects in the college hospital by the Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS).
The main course offered is the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) for 5 years of study. The College follows the curriculum approved by the Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. The courses within are divided into the following subtopics:
- Pre-clinical subjects: Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Pre-clinical subjects: Community medicine, Forensic medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology.
- Clinical Subjects: Obstetrics and Gynecology Medicine, Surgery and other related subjects.
- Basic medical subjects-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology.
- Clinical subjects-Medicine including psychiatry and dermatology, Surgery including ophthalmology and otolaryngology and Gynecology and Obstetrics.
The College has admitted 17 batches of students since its inception. 12 batches of students have completed their MBBS course. The hospital is situated just besides the college building. It is a 500-bedded hospital with all modern amenities offering emergency, outdoor and indoor services round the clock.
Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical college, hospital and the nursing institute are the noble venture of Shaheed Munsur Ali Trust. This conglomerate is offering medical education and research, health care service and nursing education which contributes enormously to the health sector of the country. The compels is situated at Sector no. 11, Uttara a relentlessly flourishing zone of the capital city Dhaka. The river 'Turag' flows beside the campus of the college adding an unlimited fervor to the scenic beauty.
The academic building of the college is built on its own land having spacious classrooms, lecture galleries, practical classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms etc. It also accommodates a cafeteria and separate common rooms for male and female students having facilities for indoor games. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Students have facilities for outdoor games as well.