Jahurul Islam Medical College
Jahurul Islam Medical College (JIMC) established in 1992 by Jahurul Islam, is the second oldest private medical school in Bangladesh. Located at the village of Bhagalpur, it is the first medical school situated in a rural area of the country. The College is affiliated and approved institution of Dhaka University, Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and recognized by World Health Organization (WHO).
It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. Within the self-contained campus, arranged among gardens around an S-shaped lake, are an academic building, separate hostels for men and women, staff quarters, and Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital, the college's 390-bed teaching hospital. The final phase of hospital construction will expand capacity to 500 beds.
- WHO recognized, standard & fully residential Medical College
- Disciplined and peaceful academic atmosphere
- Separate well-organized Hostels for males and females
- Spacious air-conditioned Library with vast collection
- Adequate Lecture Galleries and well-equipped Laboratories
- Relatively less expensive with more Facilities
- Adequate Recreational facilities
- Comfortable for Foreign Students